Not all of my readers are familiar with blogs and with blogging so I provide this page as a service to them.
A blog (short for ‘weblog’) is a website where entries are written in chronological order and displayed with the most recently written posts first. A blog can be about any topic; this one is about voting systems and reforms.
To me the most important feature of blogs is that they are syndicated which means that you can follow a blog within a feed reader and be aware of when there are new posts. I personally use iGoogle as my blog reader. There are numerous other options.
If you plan on using iGoogle, here are the steps that you need to do to add my blog:
- go to http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en and log in (create an account if necessary)
- click on the add stuff link
- click on the add by url link at the top of the page (next to the search box)
- paste in the url for this feed an click on the ‘Add’ button: http://allaboutvoting.com/feed
- click on the ‘Back to Homepage’ link on the upper left corner of the page.
- My blog will now be followed by the iGoogle home page.
The rss syndication feed url for my bog is: http://allaboutvoting.com/feed
More information about blogging is available on wikipedia.