A bit more brainstorming about ways to aid the end-to-end verifiability meme. Other suggestions are welcome.
- Have a forum for discussing E2E verifiable systems. For example a yahoo group or a google group. Initially I would suggest an open all-purpose forum covering both technical discussion and general advocacy and discussion.
- Have a website promoting the general idea of E2E verifiable systems – not just specific systems
- Each E2E project should have a website dedicated to it with clear descriptions of how it works intended for non-academic readers. (It should of course also include sections targeting academic readers) The Punchscan web site does very well here. But many others do not – even projects involving the same people.
- Scantegrity does not include an HTML treatment
- I can not casually find a site describing Ron Rivest’s and Ben Adida’s scratch and vote system; The best link I can find is a Technology Review article and a PDF on his site
- Rivest and Warren Smith’s descriptions of ThreeBallot, VAV, Twin, and variants are not written and presented in a way intended for a general audience. There is a press release and some pdfs.